A request was made at our last Monthly Meeting to have more specific guidelines to deal with the Covid-19 Pandemic and after discussing the issue the Board agrees and ask that the chapter follows the Interim Guidelines outlined below to do our part to keep everyone safe.
As COVID-19 Phasing occurs, Washington State counties will allow gatherings of a limited number of people who must use currently accepted social distancing practices. The dealership offers a unique meeting place for all of us and it is important that we continue to be resilient in our efforts to keep each other and the dealership personnel safe.
Ultimately, we are all personally responsible to protect ourselves and respect the rights of our fellow members as they do what they feel is necessary to keep themselves safe. Be smart, be safe, be kind.
It’s still safest to stay home.
If you go out, stay six feet apart, wear a face covering and wash your hands.
Limit the number of interactions you have.
Interim Guidelines for Group Rides Phasing (Phase 1.5 & Phase 2)
Road Captains should follow these protocols on their rides
1. Rides will be limited to no more than six (6) total participants. The Road Captain and five (5) additional riders for a total of six (“the limit”) in the group. If more than six (6) riders show up the group can break into two groups (if there is another Road Captain) or cancel the HOG organized ride and ride it on their own.
2. Pre-registration of riders using the Seattle HOG website is highly recommended. Using this function will allow the number of registrants to be known and adjustments made prior to the ride. Pre-registration will help facilitate contact tracing, if necessary.
3. Remember your membership card is required to be with you on rides. If a membership or minor waiver is required, please download them from the website and fill out prior to the ride. Signatures will be done in the presence of the Road Captain and handled with gloves.
4. Plan your stops for parking and eating where social distancing can be maintained.
5. Road Captains Self-Screening for Covid-19 (These questions could also be given to the riders in the pre-ride discussion)
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past two weeks?
- Are you or any of your household experiencing any of the following symptoms?
- Difficulty breathing
- Any other cold- or flu-like symptoms
- Are you immunodeficient or do you have any underlying medical conditions that place you at increased risk of COVID-19 exposure?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, do not lead a ride!
If you are not feeling well and already have a ride that is on the calendar, please cancel your ride immediately.